Aug 22, 2008

Oh Holy Spirit.

I want to start a book. I have waited a long time to do such a thing. And by that, I really mean I have not waited long at all. 22 years of life claim me. I'm young. I suppose my life will be the novel; my reflections and prayers the flesh. I do not know where this book will go and I have no expectation of it ever being published. I may only be writing it for myself, or for the few who most appreciate my picture-like writing style. We shall see.

Separately, a close friend rang me last night in the middle of his vacation. He just had to tell me about his experiences in Redding, California. If you know nothing of the place, please google it and click on anything having to do with revival. Man, the things my friend told me made be cry. I could hardly say much after a time, which is unusual for me. I just felt so...impacted or...I'm not sure. I suppose I felt helpless. Let me say why.

My friend talked about what God is doing in Redding - how the Holy Spirit is moving. It all sounded amazing, and though it was not new news (I have heard such reports on numerous occasions of Christians performing miracles as a daily task), I still felt surprised. I would even venture to say I felt shocked. I have experienced many wonderful things from the Holy Spirit, but I have really only had a small taste. He is doing so much more elsewhere. I won't go into details because there is just SO much. But my conversation with this young man...ugh! I WANT MORE! I know I am limited right now. I have felt it for some time and it has frustrated me beyond the point where I can take it. I MUST experience more freedom in the Holy Spirit soon. As a wise and dear friend often says, 'to live in the flow of the Holy Spirit'. Even the thought of such a thing fills me with unexplainable delight.

No comments: