Feb 25, 2009

Oh the Rain

It's been raining so much the past few days. Can I be honest? I love it. I know it's annoying to walk in - and to drive in, but it has this way of filling me with a sense of renewal and refreshment. Just like the Holy Spirit brings up springs from the dryness of the soul to fill us with the living water of Jesus Christ. Rain is a sign of blessing and has been since the ancient days. Oh, how refreshed I feel these days.

Yesterday evening I read a psalm that really captured my heart at the moment. Psalm 63 reads:

O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.

I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
I will praise you as longs as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.
My soul will be satisfied as with
the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.

...the king will rejoice in God;
all who swear by God's name will praise him...

AMEN.

1 comment:

Akers said...

The rain is amazing. I just like to stand out in it. I actually did today! Well, I walked in it, because I was walking back from the bus stop. It was really cold and I wasn't wearing a weather appropriate shirt. But besides that, I love the rain. Go Gig Harbor!