Oct 15, 2007

A cool thing happened last night. I met two girls, 16 and 17 years of age, who have a heart for the organic church ('bringing church out in to the community where life happens as life happens' is the best way to describe it). I was so stoked to find this out!

You see, for the past year God has put the organic/fluid church on my heart. This started long before I was aware of it when I spent many of my days in ministry talking about the bible and Jesus with friends in coffee shops, private smoking clubs, restaurants, the street and in living rooms. It came naturally to me then, but now I see how it may well be the ministry God is calling me to long term.

This past year I've particulary been praying in to the organic church, praying specifically into finding an expression of organic church for my youth congregation and my ministry. In this time I have met quite a few young people who would like to participate in this kind of 'church service' shall we say. I am now praying in to starting some sort of outreach that takes church out in to the community; basically an organic youth church service. Does that make sense?

So pray into this for me, please. If God wants it to happen, then it should.

Ta!

No comments: